Welcome back to the Texas Grins Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry of Willow Park, TX blog page. We hope you’re having a great start to the new year. The next 12 months will be a great time to make some big changes in your smile, be that cosmetic dentistry or restorative dentistry.
The good news is that today it doesn’t take long to make major smile changes. Our treatments are faster than ever and long-lasting. We understand that dentistry can sometimes be intimidating, but Texas Grins Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry has worked for years to develop convenient, great results. You can schedule a visit with our office today by calling, 817-779-7111.
Today we have a special message for you about how you can change your smile in one day!
Restore Your Teeth in One Day
Only about 8 percent of Americans will never get cavities. That means the other 92 percent of us will have to restore our teeth in some form, be that fillings or dental crowns. Even if you never have a cavity, teeth can still break due to trauma or accidents. A dental crown is often used whenever a tooth has too much decay for a filling, breaks, or after root canal therapy.
Most dental offices need at least two visits to place a dental crown. The big reason is because most dentists can’t instantly fabricate a permanent crown. The dentist will first prepare the tooth and take an impression. Then you’ll wear a temporary crown while your permanent tooth is fabricated at a dental laboratory.
Our office does things a little different. A few years ago we asked ourselves why we couldn’t make the crown process much easier for patients. After all, crowns aren’t uncommon. So we found CEREC, a machine that allows us to place a permanent crown in one visit. The CEREC uses digital technology and an in-office milling station, bringing you a great restoration in about 90 minutes!
Here are a few more benefits of CEREC:
- Digital impression (no goopy material needed) — The fit of the crown directly affects the longevity of the crown. By using a digital impression, we make sure your crown fits perfectly.
- No temporary crown needed — One step in the crown process people hate is needed a temporary crown. The temporary crown isn’t as lifelike as a permanent crown, and they dislodge at a much higher rate than permanent crowns.
- All-ceramic crowns — CEREC crowns are made from a solid chunk of ceramic material, and the shade will perfectly match your teeth. A solid chunk of ceramic is more durable than many crowns, such as ceramic-fused-to-metal crowns.
Whiten Your Teeth in 30 Minutes
Most patients want a healthier, brighter smile. A pearly white smile can improve your confidence while helping you make a great first impression. Every year, Americans spend about $1 billion dollars on whitening products — gels, toothpastes, strips. Most of this is over-the-counter, too. Unfortunately, over-the-counter whitening isn’t strong enough to make big improvement in the shade of your teeth. You’ll need a profession to make big gains. And it’s worth noting that whitening agents should not be applied to healthy teeth. So you should consult a dental professional before going forward with any type of whitening treatment.
Our whitening system, the EZ White Pro’s system, is ideal for any patient who wants a brighter smile. It’s known as a powerful whitening system especially great for patients with sensitive teeth. We use a strong, light-activated gel that takes only about 30 minutes. You can sit and relax in the dental chair while the whitening treatment does all of the work.
Visit Our Willow Park Dental Office Today
Changing your smile doesn’t have to be a hassle. We can give you a great smile in record time. At Texas Grins Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, we’re treating patients of all dental needs. You can just give us a call today at 817-779-7111 or use the online form to schedule a consultation.