Spring Clean Your Smile
It’s time to start your spring cleaning — and we’re not just talking about dusting the baseboards and scrubbing out the fridge. Take a look at your calendar and check when you last visited the dentist. If you’re due for a dental cleaning and exam, don’t delay in getting your next checkup in the books.
At Texas Grins Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, we offer comprehensive Healthy Mouth Cleanings utilizing the latest in dental technology. And that means a better, more comfortable experience for you. Call 817-779-7111 today to schedule an appointment.
Don’t Let Checkups Fall Through the Cracks
We understand that you are busy. Between work, family obligations, and various other commitments, perhaps you think you just don’t have time to fit in a dental appointment. Skipping it is especially tempting if your teeth and gums look and feel fine, or if you suffer from dental anxiety.
But if you want to preserve your mouth’s good health in the long term, it’s important to stick to a firm schedule of checkups every six months. Professional cleanings remove plaque and tartar that you just can’t reach at home, no matter how thorough your oral hygiene routine. Left untouched, this nasty stuff will begin to decay your teeth and infect your gums.
Plus, many dental health problems sneak up gradually without apparent symptoms at first. A great example of this is gum disease. Your gums may be pink and firm as they should be, while periodontal disease is beginning to take hold.
A High-Tech Checkup
So you’ve booked your Healthy Mouth Cleaning at Texas Grins. Here is an idea of what you can expect at your appointment.
- One of our skilled dental hygienists will give your mouth a thorough cleaning. We have special tools that enable us to remove decay- and disease-causing plaque and tartar that’s built up on your teeth and even under the gumline. We give you a professional flossing to remove plaque and food particles between the teeth, then polish your pearly whites with a special paste to make them gleam.
- Dr. Crain will conduct a visual examination of your entire mouth. He will check for indicators of gum disease and cavities, which may be present even if your teeth and gums feel fine. With our cutting edge DIAGNOdent tool, we are able to noninvasively detect very early signs of tooth decay, enabling us to get a head start on treatment.
- The doctor will screen you for oral cancer. He has special equipment that enables him to detect possible lesions earlier than the conventional manual exam.
- We will perform an oral DNA test. This tells us what disease-causing pathogens inhabit your mouth.
- If you are due, we will take digital X-rays of your mouth. X-rays are a critical tool that help is see things that aren’t visible to the naked eye: cavities that occur between the teeth, impacted teeth, tumors and cysts, jawbone deterioration, and abscesses. Digital X-rays expose you, the patient, to less radiation than the conventional type, plus we are able to enhance them on the computer.
- If we do detect an emerging dental problem, Dr. Crain will go over treatment options with you. Some issues may need to be addressed right away, while for others he may recommend a wait-and-see approach.
- We offer fluoride treatments to ensure you get an adequate amount of this essential mineral. Your teeth need fluoride to stay strong and resistant to the damaging effects of bacterial acids. But this and other minerals are continuously shed from the enamel and must be replenished.
A Comfortable Dental Experience
When you think about a dentist’s office, what do you envision? Perhaps a cold, clinical, medical office with whitewashed walls and little warmth? As soon as you walk into Texas Grins Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, you will notice the difference. Our reception area is beautifully decorated with leather couches, dark wood, and rustic furniture, evoking a classic Texas ranch. We offer a number of amenities that will put you at ease throughout your appointment, even if you suffer from dental anxiety.
- Our staff is second to none. They are impeccably trained and deeply knowledgeable about dental procedures but just as importantly, they are adept with relating to and communicating with people. If you have questions about a procedure, they will be happy to explain it to you in language that you can understand. If you suffer from nerves or anxiety, they will be able to ease your fears and make you comfortable. The people who work at Texas Grins combine top-notch clinical skills with unparalleled people skills.
- Our utilization of patient-friendly technology makes us stand apart from our dental peers. And technology is not just cool and fun, it makes the patient experience faster, more accurate, and less invasive. We have digital X-rays, 3D digital imaging, intraoral cameras for picturing the mouth in precise detail. The DIAGNOdent laser pen that enables us to find cavities in their very earliest stages — completely pain free. Our CEREC machine means you don’t have to wait weeks for your crowns to be manufactured at an outside lab. We make it right here in the office while you wait. Our Galileos CD CBCT imaging streamlines and digitizes the dental implant process.
- We offer two types of dental sedation to take the edge off your fears. Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is the lightest form. We place a small mask over your nose to deliver the gas. You will feel relaxed, but still very much awake, and the effects wear off quickly. You can drive yourself home. Oral sedation comes in the form of a pill that you take at home. You will be awake, but in a deeper state of relaxation than with nitrous oxide. You will need to get a ride to and from your dental appointment.
Schedule your spring cleaning dental appointment today at Texas Grins Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, located in Willow Park, TX. We have two convenient way for you to get in touch with us. You may call our office at 817-779-7111 or fill out and submit our online form.